Welcome to Future Salad by Allklear! Future Salad by Allklear is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1. How We Collect Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us, including when you register for an account, initiate account sign-up, add Products to your cart, purchase Products, update your email preferences, respond to a survey or provide other feedback about the Website, or contact us with questions or comments about the Website.
We will not ask for or request sensitive information such as government identifiers, medical information, or financial information (except in connection to payments). Please do not provide this information to us through emails, feedback forms or in any other way unless specifically requested.
Information Generated from Use of the Website
We also collect certain information when you access, browse and use our Website, including information that we automatically receive and record from your browser or mobile platform, such as:
- information about the device(s) you use to access our Website, including MAC address, IP address, browser type and version, your location, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, device and application identifiers, operating information, mobile carrier, and cookies;
- information about your visits to the Website, including the full URL clickstream to, through, and from the Website, including dates and times;
- information we need and use to facilitate your use of our Website (including to provide access to third party websites and services), such as URL requests, destination IP addresses, or device configuration details;
- pages you view, searches you run, length of time browsing search results, specific search results you select to view, length of visits to other pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), your engagement with certain variable/dynamic elements of a page and methods used to browse away from the page; and
- page response times and download errors.
Some of the information we collect is generated using cookies and beacons. For more details about cookies, beacons, and your choices, see Cookies and Beacons below.
Information from Other Sources
We may supplement the technical information we collect from your use of the Website with information collected by third parties. Such third parties may include service providers, such as Google, that help us understand our users and provide better service to our users.
2. How We Use Information
Personally Identifiable Information
Some of the information we collect through your use of our Website or communications with us may personally identify you (“Personally Identifiable Information”). The types of Personally Identifiable Information you may submit in connection with use of the Service include:
- contact information (such as name, billing and/or shipping address, email address and telephone number);
- account passwords for the Website;
- payment card information and other billing information (such as card image, card number, cardholder name, expiration date, and card verification code) associated with your account; and
- geographic location.
Other data derived from your use of the Website is treated as "Non-Personally Identifiable Information," unless it is combined with Personally Identifiable Information, or unless otherwise required by applicable law.
We may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect, to:
- provide the Website to you and send you information that enables you to use our Website and purchase Products;
- operate our Website, including access management, payment processing, Website administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and statistical and survey purposes;
- create and manage your account;
- contact you about activity on your account;
- respond to your requests, feedback or inquiries;
- notify you about updates, information, or alerts regarding our Website;
- comply with laws, regulations, and other legal requirements, as well as relevant industry standards and our policies;
- protect and enforce our rights arising under any agreements entered into between you and us, including billing and collection;
- protect the integrity and maintain the security of our Website, including secured areas of the Website; and
- operate, evaluate and improve our business, including conducting surveys and market research, developing new products, services, and promotions (such as, for example, special events, programs, offers, contests), analyzing and enhancing existing products, services, and promotions, managing our communications; performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions.
In addition, we may use your information as described in any notice provided at the time you provide the information; and for any other purpose for which you may provide consent.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may also use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to deliver content tailored to your interests and the manner in which you use our Website and present content in a manner that is optimized for your device.
We may also combine technical information, or Non-Personally Identifiable Information, about your use of our Website with information that we obtain from other Users to use in an aggregate or anonymous manner for similar purposes.
3. How We Share Information
Personally Identifiable Information
We may share Personally Identifiable Information with:
- our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, liquidation, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personally Identifiable Information held by us about our Users is among the assets transferred;
- other third parties with your express consent for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- you, upon your written request.
We may also share Personally Identifiable Information with a limited number of other businesses who perform certain types of targeted online advertising and marketing services for Future Salad by Allklear, such as serving advertisements on our behalf across the Internet and analyzing such information for marketing purposes. These third parties have not promised to use the Personally Identifiable Information that we provide solely in connection with Future Salad by Allklear’s Services, and they may use your Personally Identifiable Information for other purposes and on behalf of their other customers and partners. If you are a California resident, you may opt out of these uses on a going-forward basis as described in the "Additional Privacy Information for California Residents" section below.
Finally, we may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information with law enforcement agencies, government officials, or other third parties as necessary for the purpose of:
- complying with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- preventing fraud and providing credit risk reduction;
- protecting the assets or property, and enforcing the rights of Future Salad by Allklear, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- protecting the rights, property, or safety of our users or others.
In the event that we receive a request from a governmental entity to provide it with your Personally Identifiable Information, we will make reasonable attempts to notify you of such request, to the extent reasonably possible and legally permissible.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition, we may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information, including aggregated or anonymized data:
- to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our Website, so that our partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Website;
- with analytics, search engine, or other service providers that help us improve our Website;
- to report to our affiliates, licensors and service providers about the use of various aspects of the Website; and
- with other Users or prospective Users of the Website.
4. Cookies and Beacons
- Beacons. Our Website and emails may contain small electronic files known as beacons (also referred to as web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, count Users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Beacons in e-mail marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings and web pages. You may use the tools in your device to disable these technologies as well.
5. Your Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the information we collect from you.
- Email Communications. You may have the opportunity to receive certain communications from us related to our Website. If you provide us with your e-mail address in order to receive communications, you can opt out of marketing emails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of our emails. Please note that certain emails may be necessary for the operation of our Website. You will continue to receive these emails, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
- Cookies and Beacons. If you wish to minimize information collected by cookie or beacon, you can adjust the settings of your browsers to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it. You can also set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. You may also be able to install plug-ins and add-ins that serve similar functions. However, please be aware that some features and services on our Website may not work properly. In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
- Network Advertising Initiative. Certain websites you visit may provide options regarding advertisements you receive. If you wish to minimize the amount of targeted advertising you receive, you can opt out of certain network advertising programs through the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Opt–Out Page. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (opt out) you will still see advertisements while you're browsing online. However, the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you. For more information or to opt out of certain online behavioral advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info. Additionally, many advertising network programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories that they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The NAI Opt–Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies.
- Do Not Track. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” (or DNT) feature - a privacy preference that Users can set in certain web browsers - which is intended to be a signal to websites and services that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites or online services you visit. Our Website does not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals, so DNT settings do not change the way the Website operates. Please note that we cannot control how third-party websites or online services you visit through our Website respond to Do Not Track signals. Check the privacy policies of those third parties for information on their privacy practices.
6. Securing Your Information
The security of your information is important to Future Salad by Allklear, and we have established administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personally Identifiable Information against unauthorized alteration, access, loss, theft, use, or disclosure.
Unfortunately, no system can guarantee complete security of your information. As a result, Future Salad by Allklear cannot ensure or warrant that your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, is secure from unauthorized third parties. Thus, your use of the Website and communication with us about them is at your own risk.
You are responsible for protecting your password and for the security of information that you transmit to us over the internet.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with the Website is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your username or password has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
7. Children’s Information
Our Website is directed to and is intended to be used only by persons who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not permitted to register for an account or otherwise submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us, including your name, address or e-mail address. If we discover that we have collected any Personally Identifiable Information from a child under the age of 18, we will suspend the associated account and remove that information from our database as soon as possible. By registering for an account or submitting any Personally Identifiable Information to us, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older.
8. Links to Third Party Websites
9. Additional Privacy Information for California Residents
If you are a California resident, please review these additional privacy disclosures, which provide a summary of how we collect, use, and disclose your “personal information” (as defined under California law) and explain your rights under California law.
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and IP address
- Commercial information, such as records of purchases and payment information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as log data, and information about the devices and computers you use to access our Services
- Geolocation data, such as GPS signals, device sensors, and Wi-Fi access points, where you have allowed access to that information
- Electronic, visual, or similar information, such as photos
- Professional or employment-related information, if you apply to work for us
- Education information, if you apply to work for us
- Other information you provide, such as demographic information, responses to surveys, and messages to customer service
- Inferences drawn from any of the above, including about the content and ads that may be of interest to you
Notice of Disclosure for a Business Purpose. To learn more about the categories of personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose in the past 12 months, please see How We Share Information section above.
Notice of Sale. The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with the right to opt out of the “sale” (as defined in the CCPA) of their personal information.
Future Salad by Allklear values customer privacy and supports laws that increase transparency. We do not “sell” your personal information in exchange for money. However, the definition of “sale” in the CCPA is very broad; it includes many common business activities involving the transferring of data, such as certain types of targeted online advertising and marketing activities as further described in the How We Share Information section above, even though that data is not exchanged for money. If you’re a California resident and wish to opt out of these uses on a going-forward basis, please submit a request here.
There are also several advertising industry options available to you if you would like to opt out of interest-based advertising more broadly across participating third parties. Please visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link. Please note that these opt-outs are also device and browser based, so you will need to opt out on each of your devices and browsers with respect to these settings.
Notice of Financial Incentive.
- Material terms of discount program. From time to time, Future Salad by Allklear may provide a variety of discounts in exchange for personal information, such as asking a user to provide their email address or other information in exchange for a discount. Future Salad by Allklear uses the email address provided in exchange for the discount to provide the Future Salad by Allklear newsletter, to market future products, and for other internal statistical purposes.
- How the discount is reasonably related to the personal information provided. Our discount program is based upon our reasonable but sole determination of the estimated value of the personal information provided, which takes into consideration, without limitation, (i) estimates regarding the anticipated revenue generated from such information, (ii) the anticipated expenses which might be incurred in the collection, storage, and use of such information in the operation of our business, and (iii) other relevant factors related to the estimated value of such information to our business, as permitted under applicable law.
- Opt-in. By providing your email address during the discount sign-up process, you affirmatively opt in to our discount program. If you wish to opt out of the discount program, do not submit your email address.
- Right to withdraw. If you’re a California resident and wish to withdraw from the discount program, you may submit such a request before completing your order to which the discount will be applied by clicking here.
Your Rights. Under the CCPA, California residents have the right to request access to or deletion of their personal information, to request additional details about Future Salad by Allklear’s information practices, and to not be discriminated against.
Right to request access to personal information. You have a have the right to submit a verifiable request, up to two times per year, for the following information:
- The categories of personal information we have collected from or about you, including the categories of sources from which we have collected that information and the business or commercial purpose for the collection.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared or sold your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for such sharing.
- Specific pieces of your personal information.
- Right to delete personal information. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions. For example, if your information is necessary to complete your order, protect against fraud, or complete other lawful purposes recognized under the law, we may deny your request.
- Right to nondiscrimination. Future Salad by Allklear will not discriminate against you in any way if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
California residents may exercise these rights by clicking here. If you have additional questions or need help exercising your rights, you can contact us by clicking here. In order to exercise these rights, you will need to verify your identity to protect your security and personal information. Note that even if we honor your request to delete your information, we may retain certain information as required or permitted by law.
Shine the Light. If you’re a resident of California, you can request a notice identifying the categories of personal information, as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. Please submit a request by clicking here.
10. International Jurisdictions